While we finish up our holiday orders around here, we are simultaneously doing or own holiday shopping and as always, we are trying very hard to shop small with independent shops.
If you're well aware of this movement, then you're probably doing the same. And if you're not, please take a moment and look into the benefits of shopping small versus shopping with mass producing retailers. In a nutshell, when you shop small you are giving your money directly to a family who is working their butts off (seriously!) to make you something amazing. And as a business owner, I can tell you that us small brands are hustling around the clock, even when it's 'slow' which I don't think it ever really is if you're working your hardest. Shopping small an locally also has amazing benefits for the environment (so many fewer levels on the chain) and its a process you can feel really good about.
Anyway, let's get into the guide! This is just a little sprinkling of some of my absolute favourite small shops. These businesses are run by amazing hard-working people, people I admire and people who are running their businesses ethically. So much goodness to be found!!
1. Mug from Pixel Paper Hearts
2. Zip Pouch from Bookhou
3. Elephant Planter by Bailiwick Studio
4. Teether by Otherware
5. Cleansing Grains by Wilderness Soap Co.
6. Toque by MyMila
7. Earrings by Paper Hearts Handmade
8. Acrylic Sleepy Eyes by Melo and Co.
9. Baby Leggings by Wylo + Co
10. Henry the Fox Stuffed Toy by Milo + Ben
11. Memory Game by Jules mon Poisson Bulle
12. Notebook by Pink and Print
13. Tree Scarf by Poison Pear
14. Concrete Plant Holder by Double Decor
15. Cuddly Blanket by Wee Vintage
16. DIY Embroidered Doll Kit by Kiriki Press
17. Rocky the Raccoon Sweatshirt by The Wild (that's us!)
18. 2016 Holiday Ornament by The Wild (us too!)
19. Modern Baby Book by Mushybooks
20. Tiger Harems by Charlie + Gus
21. Lava Necklace by Lava Essentials
22. Custom Handmade Doll by Tippitoe Tailor
23. Ornaments by Paperfelt
24. Natural Lip Gloss Set by Modern Fort